Field Trip on Peat Technology
Preliminary Excursion Programme
Thursday, 17 June
12:30 Departure from Scandic Hotel Jyväskylä
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Peat production technology
and fuel peat use development
- Jyväskylä Energy Keljonlahti CHP Power Plant
- This new power plant with 200 MW heat and 210 MW electricity started this year.
- We make a short visit outside the plant and see peat and wood fuel intake systems.
- The plant uses about one million tonnes of wood and peat fuels in a year.
- Valtra tractor factory
- Valtra tractors, part of AGCO Corporation, are among the most popular tractors in peat industry.
- We visit the factory, hear how Valtra tractors are developed for peat production, we have a chance to test tractors on a test ground, and finally we have a dinner provided by the company.
20:30 Arrival in Jyväskylä, accommodation as for previous nights (own costs and booking)
Friday, 18 June
7:30 Departure from Scandic Hotel Jyväskylä
- We visit an automated peat and wood pellet fired heating system of Buster-boats factory.
- Peräseinäjoki, Haukineva
- Vapo Oy, Peat Machinery factory
- latest innovations in peat production machinery
- how to decrease ground pressure of the machines
- how to minimise dust emissions during peat production
- Vapo Oy, Pellet Factory
- We visit a peat and wood pellet factory of Vapo Oy
- the capacity of the factory is 66,000 tonnes
- the factory started production in 2004
- Kekkilä, part of Vapo Group, horticultural peat factory
- bedding peat in round bales
- lunch break during the visit
- Vapo Oy, Peat Production
- visit to large scale peat production field
- introduction of chemical water treatment in order to clean solid particles and nutrients from the drainage water of the peat field
- Kihniö, Aitoneva, Peat Museum
- coffee at the peat museum, historical movie about peat production, old peat machine exhibition field
18:00 Arrival at Tampere airport
18:30 Arrival at Tampere railway station
20:30 Arrival in Jyväskylä, overnight stay or connections to Helsinki and other cities
The excursions should be booked in addition to the seminars; food and
refreshments are included. Please remember to book your hotel for 17 June in Jyväskylä. An excursion guide booklet will
be provided for both tours.