Peatlands International 2/2008
Peatlands International 2/2008 was published in February 2009. About 2,000 copies were sent to the IPS members and other persons and institutions interested in peat and peatlands.
Peatlands International can be ordered from the IPS Online Shop.
- Editorial: Peatland Certification - A joint possibility
- From the President’s Desk: Looking back and forward
- The possible peatland certification process is started by a global peatland strategy
- IPS Award of Excellence 2008 to Riitta Korhonen
- New IPS Honorary Members
- New IPS Members
- In memoriam: Jens Dieter Becker-Platen
- IPS Commission on Tropical Peatlands
- You’ve got them all? Order IPS Publications online!
- Subscribe to Peat News!
Conferences and symposia
- Belfast Convention 2009
- Tullamore 2008 - Looking back at the 13th International Peat Congress
- The Scope of the Post-Congress Tour: Magnificient Western Peatlands
- Apply for the 15th International Peat Congress in 2016!
- Sixth Scientific School for young scientists “Bogs and Biosphere” in Tomsk
- International Symposium for Horticultural Growing Media, Charlotte, NC, USA
- Future IPS Meetings and Symposia
- Events of related organisations
- More than Energy Peat in Finland
- Peatlands of the Chinese Altai
- Tripa, Aceh, Indonesia. Palm-oil plantations threaten Coastal Peat Swamp Forest
- Mires and Peatlands of Azerbaijan
- In Brandenburg (Germany) mire conservation and forest administration working hand in hand
News from the industry
- Welcome to the Premier Tech Campus
- Unilever buys first batch of certified sustainable palm-oil
- Klasmann-Deilmann certified to international environmental standard
- New Study Demonstrates Essential Role of Peat in EU Horticulture
- Shakespeare in Peat
- Finland-Fenland book
- Regenland book
- CARBOPEAT project leaflets
- Telma No. 38
peatlandsinternational22008.pdf 8.32 MB